
As I write this at 5:30 pm things have changed. The waves are coming in from the northeast, they’re turbulent and foreboding at high tide. Today, high tide was at 2:50 p.m. Rain is in the forecast for the next couple of days. The wind picked up to at least 40 knots and sunning for the day was over by noon. I was glad I walked when I did. The winds and the encroaching waves that are coming up on shore do not deter the little sandpipers who continue to look for food brought forth by the incoming waves and as quickly as your eye can try to capture the movement of their little feet, they evade the water by running along the edge of the waves; fascinating.

I went over to P&M’s place in Port Orange to have lunch with them and take some more photos of their progress with flooring and now painting. I also helped measure the perimeter of each room for the molding that will be necessary now that the new floors are in. Next time I come down here, things will be so much different and complete; something to look forward.
For dinner, around 7 p.m., I’ll be bring over the goodies brought back what was left from Maggiano’s: http://www.maggianos.com/foodbeverage/default.asp?menu=Dinner&menutype=Family%20Style
Salad: A traditional Caesar salad of romaine lettuce tossed with Caesar dressing, croutons and shaved parmesan cheese.
Spinach salad: Tender leaf spinach tossed with roasted red peppers, sweet roasted onions, gorgonzola cheese, apple cider vinaigrette and topped with smoked bacon and toasted pine nuts.
Pasta dish: Rigatoni pasta simmered in a delicately balanced sauce prepared with our classic pomodoro cream and finished with vodka and roasted garlic.
My tilapia dish is not listed in the menu found on their site.
If you choose to visit their website, the link above is already on Family Style and note that you are entitled to two from each course. Not only are the choices and portions incredible, but they are priced at $25.95 per person. Unheard of. I do hope there will be enough for all. Heating will be all that’s required. They will be tired from all their work today. Unless anything happens after, I’ll continue enjoying my Chardonnay an sitting back looking out over the ocean, the color of which almost blends in with the overcast, gray, sky.
2 comments:
Even your pictures of the gray skies are beautiful. I think watching the ocean during a storm is quite a powerful sight and beautiful. I watched your sunrise video twice. Except for the one bobble of the camera, I felt as if I were sitting right on the balcony watching it in real-time. Enjoy!
Yeah, that "bobble"; I don't know if I'll get to see another sunrise before I leave, but check back whenever. I'll replace it with a non-bobbled sunrise.
Post a Comment