Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 10 – Wednesday

I’m adding this blog post a day late; it’s Thursday, Day 11 about 12:50 a.m. but I’ll recollect Wednesday. My days are full and they’re going by a tad too quickly. The routine is the same and this is probably why I’m not listing it all. Who cares? My room faces east and there is nothing but ocean. I do not draw the curtains. Sunrise explodes when it makes its appearance and I'm up and at 'em.

A different breakfast each morning (Denny’s, iHop, NY Style Bagel & Deli), then an hour walk on the beach; one morning north, the next, south as been the order of the day. The hour back and forth covers about 3 miles.

I’ve been playing it smart (ha, oxymoron) by spending only a couple of hours in the blazing sun. I will lay poolside at the Peninsula as Mya and Patsy’s guest. I’m red, but not burnt. In the later afternoon, I take Mya and we pick up the kids from school. If time permits before dinner, I lay out for more sun. Florida is flat and if the tall buildings don’t block the sun, you get a very long time slot for sunning. For example, sunrise is occurring at 7:21 am and sunset at 7:40 pm. here in FL. The time of equal day and night has passed with the arrival of spring

Dinners have been great. I’ve met Patsy and Mya each time and have done all their favorites:
Holy Thursday – Mya’s Burmese favorite
Good Friday – Patsy’s favorite fish dish (linguine and clams)
Holy Saturday – Oana’s Romanian specialties
Easter Sunday – Mickey’s Italian
Monday – Stonewood Grill
Tuesday – Leanh’s Chinese/Vietnamese/Thai
Wednesday – Via Genovese; Surprisingly (for Florida) delicious pizza. It passed my test for tasting like the good ones back home. Owner from New York of course. Because Patsy and Mya knew Joe, the owner, a beautiful plate of cannolli appeared…everything home made.

By the time I get home (back to the motel) and finish e-mail, it’s time to post a blog. What has been missing from my blogs are the comments I wanted to make regarding the people I run into. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: