Continuing the routine of breakfasts out, we visited NY Style Bagels & Deli about a mile south. Another person from CT who re-located here has two such places. The number of “transplants from the NY area is impressive. It’s the same story each time; folks get tired of the winter season, come to visit FL and then never return.
Today, we took a ride down to Ponce Inlet, the very tip of this section of land that has the Atlantic on one side and the inter-coastal on the other. The home were fantastic but what shocked me was the number of For Sale signs that lined both sides of the street. The 5 mile stretch had to have at least 50 homes for sale....practically every other house. This is truly the time for those who have money to make a move and get homes previously purchased for lots more money for very good prices.
As I continue to ponder the pros and cons of such a move, just as I did in Sun City, the pros do outweigh the cons.....in both places. To help with such a decision Patsy and Mya are willing to rent their condo on the ocean to me for a month….or two if I so choose, to make sure. They hope to be in their new house by April and, if possible, rent the condo. My emails to Chuck and Marybeth will help me decide which month to choose as I’d like to coincide it with the school schedule of the kids and have them here on some holiday break. We shall see. I will list the pros and cons in a separate document and at some point include them in a blog.....maybe.
Dinner tonight was at Raku Japanese & Asian Restaurant in Port Orange but with a slightly different menu, very much like the places I enjoy at home. After my shrimp tempura roll, I chose a lime curry dish with vegetables that tasted very much like a dish featured at Umami’s in Croton. After that we arrived back at P&M’s condo and visited Mickey and Vinny who were entertaining friends from Yonkers, the place they grew up. And finally, to bed after a full day complete with about two hours of good sun time. Sleep was interrupted around 3:05 a.m. –to be exact—by some rednecks downstairs poolside enjoying the heated Jacuzzi. That wasn’t too bad or too long….hey, they were on vacation, right? And me? I awake around 7:30 regardless and with nothing planned, another bit of shut-eye can be had anytime I want.
Today, we took a ride down to Ponce Inlet, the very tip of this section of land that has the Atlantic on one side and the inter-coastal on the other. The home were fantastic but what shocked me was the number of For Sale signs that lined both sides of the street. The 5 mile stretch had to have at least 50 homes for sale....practically every other house. This is truly the time for those who have money to make a move and get homes previously purchased for lots more money for very good prices.
As I continue to ponder the pros and cons of such a move, just as I did in Sun City, the pros do outweigh the cons.....in both places. To help with such a decision Patsy and Mya are willing to rent their condo on the ocean to me for a month….or two if I so choose, to make sure. They hope to be in their new house by April and, if possible, rent the condo. My emails to Chuck and Marybeth will help me decide which month to choose as I’d like to coincide it with the school schedule of the kids and have them here on some holiday break. We shall see. I will list the pros and cons in a separate document and at some point include them in a blog.....maybe.
Dinner tonight was at Raku Japanese & Asian Restaurant in Port Orange but with a slightly different menu, very much like the places I enjoy at home. After my shrimp tempura roll, I chose a lime curry dish with vegetables that tasted very much like a dish featured at Umami’s in Croton. After that we arrived back at P&M’s condo and visited Mickey and Vinny who were entertaining friends from Yonkers, the place they grew up. And finally, to bed after a full day complete with about two hours of good sun time. Sleep was interrupted around 3:05 a.m. –to be exact—by some rednecks downstairs poolside enjoying the heated Jacuzzi. That wasn’t too bad or too long….hey, they were on vacation, right? And me? I awake around 7:30 regardless and with nothing planned, another bit of shut-eye can be had anytime I want.
Yet another thank you to Vicki for providing me with what's going on in the other world. Petey is being taken care of and he too is a variable in the decision making process. This is more like his natural habitat and would definitely enjoy being outside in a cage rather than sitting by a window and just looking out.
1 comment:
I am reading your descriptions of food as I await George's call that he is here to pick me up for dinner. I am now starving and drooling. Keep soaking up the sun. You ain't missing much of that up here. Haven't seen it all day, although, tomorrow promises to be sunny and around 60. Warm for us northerners. :)
Post a Comment