With 10 days left before my Florida adventure begins, my itinerary is pretty well set. After doing the necessary on-line research to find the nicest (and cheapest) places to stay, the motels have been reserved and now the trick will be to stay on schedule and arrive at these destinations on time. Here's what's planned for the trip south:
Leaving Monday, 3/17th and will drive 531 miles, about 9 hours, to Wilson, NC for the night...yes, with the necessary stops along the way.
Leaving Wilson, NC, 3/18th and will drive 332 miles, about 5 hours, to Roger & Wendy Arnold's Sun City home in Bluffton, SC. Will stay with them until Thursday, 3/20th.
Leaving Bluffton, SC, and will drive about 4 hours, about 263 miles to the Emerald Shores motel on S. Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach Shores, FL. This motel is two buildings north of Patsy and Mya's condo located right on the beach. I will be there from Thursday afternoon until probably Monday, March 24th. You can check out their place from the front at http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=2545+S+Atlantic+Ave,+Daytona+Beach,+FL+32118&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.495626,69.697266&ie=UTF8&ll=29.188088,-80.98693&spn=0.006294,0.012027&z=17&layer=c&cbll=29.184932,-80.987411&cbp=2,62.00576977668419,,0,-11.522297831086136>
Leaving Daytona Beach Shores, FL 3/20th and will drive 3 1/2 hours, about 219 miles, to the Holiday Inn at Boca Raton Town Center where I will stay for the duration while visiting my cousin Larry at the Boca Raton Community Hospital on Meadows Road. This location is midway between the hospital and Larry and Norma's home. My intention is to drive Norma back and forth whenever she visits or to relieve her and daughter Cheri if they so desire. If Larry is still in the ICU visiting hours will be limited but I will try to be there as often and as long as I can. This will be my furthest point south....about 1,345 miles from home.
During my stay in Boca, I will try to travel up to Jupiter, FL, about 40 miles north,and catch some baseball at Roger Dean Stadium. Matt Scherer and the Memphis Redbirds will be playing there. Their schedule in Jupiter:
March 22 vs. Albuquerque, Jupiter, FL
March 24 at Albuquerque, Jupiter, FL
March 26 vs. New Orleans, Jupiter, FL
March 27 vs. Las Vegas, Jupiter, FL
March 29 at Albuquerque, Jupiter, FL
I should be able to make one or some of those games....preferably when I know Matt will be pitching. I'll get that information from daddy, Oscar.
I plan to leave Boca Raton, FL, by the end of the month and begin my trip back home. That segment remains to be seen or planned. I may make the stops and visit the same folks on my way home that I visited on my way down. We shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck! Sounds like fun...
Enjoy Charlie and make your blog fun too. I'd love to see some pics of the people and places you visit!
Sal
It will be interesting to "experience" your travels this way (but I'll still want emails). :)
Looking foward to seeing you next week. R & W
Post a Comment