Today, I left the Hilton Head-Bluffton, SC area at 12:30pm and arrived here in Daytona Beach at 4:30pm Can't believe I'm doing what I'm doing...and enjoying every minute of it--except for writing this blog; I'm not thrilled or impressed with this blog site but I'll hang in there. There's got to be an easier way; I'm trying to incorporate photos into the daily post but the procedure is very cumbersome; Had a great time with Roger and Wendy; lots of fun; they’re great hosts, have a beautiful home and their plans for future projects will keep them busy for years to come. I treated them to lunch at the ball field. Each Thursday, hot dogs, beer, soda, $1.00 each. Our lunch: 2 beers, a diet Coke, and 4 hot dogs = $7.00 I'm such a high roller; lol
The 245 mile drive was uneventful; speed limit still at 70 mph, still two lanes in each direction separated by a very wide median, still lots of trucks so it was rather routine. The landscape is flat and the highway still lined with pine trees. I made good time and stayed with 5 mph limit over for most of the way. I don’t want to take any chances of incurring additional expenses and woes. One interesting sign posted along the way regarding littering: "Maximum $1000 fine and 30 days in prison." Very hospitable folk down this way, eh?
The Emerald Shores motel is right on the beach and just two buildings away from the condo of my friends, Mya and Patsy. They've been working at their new home in Port Orange, FL. Afterwards, we drove back to their condo and had dinner. Photos of their condo will be taken tomorrow with better lighting. Also have plans to have breakfast at Rossi’s Diner tomorrow morning…more photos. If you read this blog and are interested, write a comment requesting the photos and I'll forward you the link to my Picasa site where you can see all the photos taken. Way too time consuming to do it here. You notice some photos taken at the Arnold's in Sun City. Well, that took an inordinate amount of time with each photo taking a number of steps just to get it into the post. Not user friendly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pics of FL look sooooo inviting. Love the shots of the shore. I could picture myself right there on the ocean. Enjoy! Tell Mya, Patsy and the kids I said "Hi." If and when you get to Boca, please give Larry and Norma my best. Tell Larry that Lucy says "hello" and she can't wait for him to come back up to visit her.
Hi Charlie,
I know what you mean about your bloggin'! I myself had a choice yesterday, read your blog or go to the dentist and complete my root canal visits. I chose the root canal!!! (Only funnin'!!!!)
Your blog makes me feel that I'm on the trip with you. Only, I fall asleep at the wheel several times (barump bump!!!)
Just when you got me interested in the adventures of the Romanian truck driver, you left us hanging!!! I felt like I was watching episodes of LOST!!! You wouldn't know that show because you couldn't afford a TV set so that you could save for your trip and those hot dogs!!!
I do hope your laughing because I miss you and your sarcastic and always funny comments to me (as if Mary Lou's abuse isn't enough!!)
Well, just know that at least Vickie and I are reading your blog. I'm curious to hear more about life after death!!
Love ya' Charlie.
Sal
Post a Comment