Another very windy cloudy day. No sun yet but the wind is really whipping things around. I can see 3 lounge chairs in the pool. The tide is higher this morning and the waves are coming in from the northeast. I can see the sand being blown down the beach. A family from the motel walked down to the beach for their walk. Within a minute I could see that it was going to be the shortest walk ever. The wind blown sand came from behind and pelted the backs of their legs such that maybe twenty steps were taken before they turned around and back to the steps of the motel they came. There are no walkers, joggers, or vehicles on the beach now at 8:50 a.m. It is Monday however and perhaps it’s time for the poor working class to head back to reality. Ahhh, the beauties of retirement.
I’ve cancelled my five day stay in Boca and rather, when cousin Larry is a tad better for a visitor from the north, I’ll make the day trip…about 220 miles or 3 hrs. 20 minutes according to Google maps. My perfect plan would be to begin the trip around 9:30 a.m. and make Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, FL (183 miles, 3 hrs), in time for a 1 pm ball game and if I’m lucky catch Matt in some action. Afterwards, I’ll travel another hour or so to the hospital and visit as long as I can, end the day with perhaps take either Cheri, Norma or both to dinner, and then head home (ha! Home…) by 10 or 11. We shall see.
In about an hour, I'm going "into work" with Mya who will put in 4 hours "floor time" in the realty office right down the street. While there, we're going to see what’s available on A1A facing the ocean. There are so many variables to consider. Daytona Beach or Sun City, SC. But...as you know, YA NEVA KNOW.
Back from the office with four interesting prospects. $239,000 to $270,000 so far look good; She will make arrangement for a visit maybe Thursday or Friday. Yup, facing the ocean on maybe the 6th or the 11th floors with maintenance around $500 tops. I’m now paying over $600.00. Very tempting, indeed.
Tonight we went to Stonewood Grill and Tavern http://www.stonewoodgrill.com/menu.asp?i=v&lid=FL for what was a most satisfying and delicious dinner. The ambiance, the food, the wine, (RAVENSWOOD “VINTNERS BLEND” ZINFANDEL, CALIFORNIA) the company couldn’t have been better.
And now before I think about retiring I’m enjoying an almost full moon’s reflection glistening across a wind swept, churning ocean that’s sending wave after wave crashing onto the flat shore line. The moon, hanging very low in the sky, is in the southeastern sky and 91% full. A beautiful sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your writing is sounding a bit like Hemingway there, buddy. From your writings I can "hear" the waves, wind and ocean and "feel" your excitement. Carry on, good fellow.
Thank you....I'll take that as a compliment I think because they can also help you get a good night's sleep depending on when you read them. You just cannot get enough....A sign I read.."Water, Wind, Sand, and Surf leave lasting memories."
Post a Comment