On Friday last, I had mentioned the incident on the beach involving what I said was a dolphin being washed ashore. Turns out it was a rarely seen beaked whale (which looks like a dolphin to me in the photo). The story appeared Saturday in the local paper. Read it at: http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/EastVolusia/evlEAST01032908.htm Unfortunately, it didn’t survive.
When I finish my bagel and orange juice, I'll go for my walk; today, south. I've been very good finding the time to get that in. Ha! I have absolutely no reason not to go for a walk. The bagel, by the way, is just like home and the coffee provided by the motel downstairs in the lobby is delicious. I’m still looking for reasons why I shouldn't contemplate being here on a more permanent basis.
I'm coming down to my last few days here. Mya and I traveled and viewed 3 or 4 condo units. None, except maybe one, were of interest due to their orientation with the ocean. Due east desired; due north available.
The sun is trying to peek through a thick cloud cover and hopefully by noon it will be come a sunny day. Radar shows spotty rain pockets along the coast. The wind is not too bad; yesterday, had I not held on to my car door when opening it, I would've lost it into the adjacent car.
After dinner last night, there happened to be some Chinese fortune cookies in a bowl in the middle of the table. We had been discussing the latest in my possible condo purchase here in Daytona. The question I posed that would be answered by the cookie I chose was, “Do I have a future here in Daytona Beach?” The fortune read: “Your present plans are going to succeed.” Well, that’s about the eeriest event I’ve witnessed in quite some time. It’s a slip of paper I think I’ll keep for awhile. I even went so far as to go to the Publix down the street and play the numbers on the reverse side of the fortune. The CA$H 3 ticket 3, 8, and 9 I chose lost: 0, 4, 6 won. Next set of numbers were for the Florida Lotto where 6 numbers are chosen. Mine were 04, 09, 17, 20, 26, and 31. This game is set to draw on Wed. April 2, 2008. Well, I go on line to check the CAS$H 3 numbers to see I’ve lost. Guess what tonight’s Pick 6 numbers were: 9-17-20-29-41-49. Yup, I would’ve been 1 of the 84441 winning $4.50. And now, what are the chances of those numbers coming up again? Ha! We shall see this Wednesday.
When I finish my bagel and orange juice, I'll go for my walk; today, south. I've been very good finding the time to get that in. Ha! I have absolutely no reason not to go for a walk. The bagel, by the way, is just like home and the coffee provided by the motel downstairs in the lobby is delicious. I’m still looking for reasons why I shouldn't contemplate being here on a more permanent basis.
I'm coming down to my last few days here. Mya and I traveled and viewed 3 or 4 condo units. None, except maybe one, were of interest due to their orientation with the ocean. Due east desired; due north available.
The sun is trying to peek through a thick cloud cover and hopefully by noon it will be come a sunny day. Radar shows spotty rain pockets along the coast. The wind is not too bad; yesterday, had I not held on to my car door when opening it, I would've lost it into the adjacent car.
After dinner last night, there happened to be some Chinese fortune cookies in a bowl in the middle of the table. We had been discussing the latest in my possible condo purchase here in Daytona. The question I posed that would be answered by the cookie I chose was, “Do I have a future here in Daytona Beach?” The fortune read: “Your present plans are going to succeed.” Well, that’s about the eeriest event I’ve witnessed in quite some time. It’s a slip of paper I think I’ll keep for awhile. I even went so far as to go to the Publix down the street and play the numbers on the reverse side of the fortune. The CA$H 3 ticket 3, 8, and 9 I chose lost: 0, 4, 6 won. Next set of numbers were for the Florida Lotto where 6 numbers are chosen. Mine were 04, 09, 17, 20, 26, and 31. This game is set to draw on Wed. April 2, 2008. Well, I go on line to check the CAS$H 3 numbers to see I’ve lost. Guess what tonight’s Pick 6 numbers were: 9-17-20-29-41-49. Yup, I would’ve been 1 of the 84441 winning $4.50. And now, what are the chances of those numbers coming up again? Ha! We shall see this Wednesday.
By the way, I’ve been talking about Patsy & Mya throughout my stay in Daytona. They’ve asked me to take their picture so they can have them when printing out MLS listings on the website as well as on their business cards. I’ve attached the one I like best but don’t know which they will choose. It will be for whomever reads this blog (I only know of two) and may not know who my former neighbors are from the River House.

If Marybeth reads this post she’ll get the message that tomorrow is April 1st, April Fools Day. Hmm, that could be a negative for moving down here. Long distance pranks are not as good as witnessing them first hand. Alas, on that day, she usually cannot be fooled; she’s become quite immune after the incredible, ingenious, fantastic, unbelievable, creative, and unique stunts she’s fallen victim to; there are so many, another blog spot would be necessary for me to recount. I’ll look forward to her comments.
1 comment:
Well, you got me for a fool! I am just too gullible or too optimistic, I guess.
Post a Comment